Comes with mounting kit, ready to plug in with easy plugs for your Mercedes Sprinter Van
PRE-PROGRAMMED FOR Sprinter Vans with or without STEERING CONTROLS. (Depending which you have)
READY TO INTEGRATE WITH YOUR EXISTING BACKUP CAMERA
Sony’s amazing new way to go BIG in your dash
We live in tablet times, and Sony’s AX8000 multimedia receiver gives the people what they want — an 8.95″ touchscreen that “floats” overtop other dash controls and fits in vehicles that previously couldn’t accommodate a comparable touchscreen receiver. Best of all, an oversized interface means you get big, intuitive controls and plenty of information at a glance, so it’s easier to keep your eyes on the road. Sony has also made this receiver their most customizable, letting you drag-and-drop audio sources to create up to three home screens that you can swipe between. You can even personalize backgrounds with your own photos. This is your radio, your way, with all of Sony’s trademark sonic capabilities and the very best smartphone integration.
Get the best view
The AX8000 comes in two main pieces: a 2″ tall chassis and a 8.95″ touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, and since there’s no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn’t be an issue for most vehicles. Once you’ve mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose from five available vertical mounting positions for the screen, giving you the flexibility to enjoy the radio without blocking essential dash climate controls. Your vents might be partially blocked, but Sony designed the radio to function under typical in-vehicle temperatures.
Just about everything you need
There’s no disc player in the Sony AX8000, but it does include several ways to enjoy your media. You can use the rear USB pigtail to attach your smartphone or a thumb drive with your favorite music or video files, or just get to your phone’s audio quickly with the auxiliary input. Rear-view camera owners will appreciate the included camera input and distance guidance display.
Sony’s been on the Bluetooth train for a long time, and the AX8000 is no different. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The Sony AX8000 supports CarPlay —it integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience with a seamless interface, putting iPhone content at the driver’s fingertips with minimal distraction. You’ll enjoy easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay. As an added bonus, you can access Siri Eyes Free functionality with a touch of the receiver’s mic button, using your voice to place calls, select music, hear notifications, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages.
If you’re an Android fan, you’ll love how Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You’ll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps.
- Digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 8.95″ capacitive touchscreen with adjustable vertical mounting positions and viewing angles
- Fits single-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- 10-band graphic equalizer
- High- and low-pass filters
- Bass Boost
- Dynamic Stage Organizer for improving stereo image
- Works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- Inputs: rear USB port, rear-view camera input
- Outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- Built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS CTA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Wireless remote
- Super-fast start up time
- Warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- MFR # XAV-AX8000