Ford Transit Hellwig® Rear Sway Bar – Single Rear Wheel Vans
Compatibility: All Ford Transit Vans made 2015-2020 (150, 250, and 350)
- This product is NOT compatible with DRW Ford Transit Vans
Quantity: 1 per pack. The price shown is for 1 Rear Sway Bar
- Finish: Heat Treated Chromoly
- Sway Bar Profile: Solid
- Sway Bar Diameter: 1.375″
- Designed to provide optimum performance on lowered vehicles as well as lifted trucks with a higher center of gravity
- Reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip and optimizes stability at higher speeds
- Crafted from chrome-moly steel that matches the strength of traditional steel with lighter weight
- Solid steel construction offers the highest rigidity on the market, with an average tensile bending resistance of 170,000 psi
- Powder coat finish resists corrosion, chips, and scratches better than paint
- Includes durable polyurethane bushings that resist deterioration, cracking, and drying out under extreme use
- Also includes mounting brackets, end links (if applicable), and related hardware
- Flattened ends provide a superior mounting surface
- Specifically sized and tuned for the layout of your make and model’s suspension
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
- Easy installation with no drilling required
Hellwig Sway Bars for lowered vehicles and lifted trucks provide beefed up the strength to keep you riding stable at any speed on the pavement, and they provide adjustment of roll stiffness with three mounting holes on each end. Set the bar to maintain normal stiffness, or use different mounting points to increase rigidity and keep body roll at an extreme minimum. Chrome-molybdenum steel (also known as “chrome-moly”) is used in the construction of Hellwig sway bars. The chrome-moly blend of iron, chromium, and molybdenum produces a close-grained metal than traditional steel. Because these bars are crafted from solid steel, they possess greater strength from an equal amount of material. In fact, each bar leaves the factory with a tensile strength rating of 170,000 psi – much higher than products from competitors.
With Hellwig sway bars created for optimum performance at non-stock ride heights, you’ll benefit from designs that are specifically sized for your make and model. They will not interfere with your suspension’s ride quality under normal driving conditions and are a perfect way to complement performance enhancements such as plus-sized tires and wheels. An outer finish of powder coat is applied for show car looks, durability, and corrosion protection. And to ensure sway bars keep your suspension properly positioned, Hellwig uses polyurethane bushings because they are more resilient and resist compression better than rubber. Grip-robbing body lean and weight transfer caused by squishy bushings are eliminated.
Hellwig’s® history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy’s philosophy was to build products that exceed a customer’s expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in-stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to its current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today and looks to the future with the excitement of developing and refining products for an ever-changing market.
Hellwig Products Company, Inc., give you, the original retail consumer, Hellwig warranty that each new Hellwig product of Hellwig manufacture shall be free from defects of material and workmanship as set forth in this limited warranty. Length of coverage: Except as provided below Hellwig offers the following warranty durations by-products. (A) Hellwig steel spring and sway bar products and their components are warranted for the normal life of the vehicle these products are originally installed upon. (B) Hellwig Air Suspension systems, air sleeves, air bellows, and air compressor systems are warranted for two years from the original purchase date. This extends only to the product installed on the original vehicle.