Coolant Temperature Switch | Free Shipping | 0085425617
This product is compatible with a select group of Mercedes Benz vehicles made before 1998. Check this description to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Please note that this item only ships free to the Contiguous United States. It does not include Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, or the other USA territories.
What is a coolant temperature switch responsible for?
The temperature gauge switch is a sensor that is used to monitor the temperature of the engine’s coolant. The switch sends a signal to the computer so that changes can be made to the engine’s timing and fuel calculations for optimal performance.
What are some symptoms of a bad or failing temperature gauge switch? Sounds like they’re a vital part to my Sprinter and I need to know if I should replace it or not.
The following are symptoms of a bad or failing temperature gauge switch:
- Poor fuel economy – this would mean your switch is sending a false signal to your engine, throwing off the fuel and timing calculations
- Black smoke from the engine
- Overheating engine
- Check engine light comes on
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, then it is more than likely time to replace your temperature gauge switch
- Mercedes Benz 300D – 1987
- Mercedes Benz 300SD – 1992 & 1993
- Mercedes Benz 300TD – 1987
- Mercedes Benz 350SD – 1991
- Mercedes Benz 350SDL – 1990 & 1991
- Mercedes Benz E300 – 1995-1997
- Mercedes Benz S350 – 1994 & 1995
Begel Germany Number: BG01012