Sprinter Accessories and Parts – 3z3z-P
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Wiring Adapter
- Plugs into Brake Controller
- Vehicle Specific
Install your electric trailer brake controller quickly and easily with this custom wiring adapter. Simply plug one end of the adapter into your brake controller and then plug the other end into the built-in port under the driver’s seat.
- Plug-in wiring adapter allows for quick, simple installation of your electric trailer brake controller
- No cutting or splicing required
- Custom connector end plugs into the built-in port under the driver’s seat of your vehicle
- Other end plugs into the back of your electric brake controller
- Compatible with time-delayed and proportional brake controllers from TrailerMate, Draw-Tite, and Tekonsha
- Brake controller must have built-in plug for adapter to connect – will not work on controllers with pigtail wiring harnesses
- 1-Year limited warranty
Installation of Tekonsha Brake Controller Adapter
To install your electric brake controller, you need to connect the wiring of the controller to your vehicle. Certain auto manufacturers offer pre-wired options, typically known as tow packages, wherein wiring is run for you from the dash to the trailer connector on the back of your vehicle. When this is done, a port is installed at your dash so that you can easily plug in a brake controller.
The connector is located under the driver’s seat. No hardwiring is required to install this adapter. After you plug it into the factory port, you simply plug the other end of the adapter directly into your electric trailer brake controller. Because there are no wires to connect, installation is not permanent. You can unplug and remove your brake controller at any time to transfer it to another vehicle or securely stow it away.