RAM ProMaster Van Security System Slick Lock Turn-Key KitThis product is compatible with all RAM ProMaster Vans besides the ProMaster City.THIS KIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR A COMPLETE INSTALLATION OF ONE VEHICLE.
Includes the following parts:
- (2) Puck Locks Keyed Alike
- (3)Blade Brackets
- (2) Weather Covers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7suajZ2A3S4Installation Instructions for the RAM ProMaster Sliding Door Kit
Watch the above video if you need a visual representation. Installation Instructions for the RAM ProMaster Rear Door KitSTEP 1
- Slide door to the FULL open position- locate lock striker plate at the rear of the van door jam. Slider bracket mounts at the rear edge of the sliding door.
- Remove two-star bolts- holding on striker plate, place slider bracket PN# PM-1A-SLIDE over mounting bolts- use a grease pencil to mark where bracket lays on outside of van side panel.
- Apply clear tape protector directly on van surface under the round end of the bracket to protect the paint.
- Hold the bracket in place and reinstall the striker plate on the bracket- tighten star bolts- slowly close the door and check for proper clearances.
- Close door firmly and apply clear tape protector on sliding door edge to protect the paint from the lock.
- Install spinner on lock and install the lock on the bracket- the sliding door cannot pop out or slide back with lock in place.
Remove two-star bolts securing the left rear door striker plate. Hold left rear bracket PN # PM-1CREAR-LEFT
over mounting holes and mark weatherstripping top and bottom bracket points. Carefully cut away weather stripping retaining casing between the top and bottom marks. Do not cut away weatherstrip door gasket it will remain in place. Install bracket under striker plate and reinstall bolts. Make sure weather stripping is secured and tight on the door edge.STEP 2
Remove two-star bolts on right rear door lock latch mechanism, leave the third bolt in to hold the latch in place. Place Slick Locks bracket PN# PM-1B-REAR-RIGHT
over mounting holes and install using two bolts provided. Only hand-tighten this side.CAUTION
Slowly close left then right door making sure weather stripping clears left bracket. Once doors are closed, align lock holes with RD Pin – (dowel pin, drill bit, etc.) When you are satisfied with the alignment, slowly open the right side door and torque down both bolts. Shut rear door firmly. If the lock is difficult to slide on and off or difficult to close –Realign right side until the desired fit is achieved – brackets can also be modified with round file or drilling center hole to accommodate various lock brands. Be careful to not damage your vehicles painted finish.Watch the above video if you need a visual representation.